Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Suffer the finger


Accidents happen & it happened last night. I was fixing a leaking tap, a harmless task but not when sharp edges lurk in dark corners under the sink. I was unscrewing the tap when the wrench slipped & my finger went into a sharp gap. I'm rather oblivious to pain so ignoring this mishap happened naturally. It's only after the task was completed that I saw my index finger covered in blood. After a quick wash-up, I noted the cut was rather deep. So off to the nearby clinic it was & the doc stitched me & referred me for X-ray since there was a notable swelling at the joint as well; there might be a fracture. Doc's order: No index finger activities for 7 days which is equivalent to no guitar playing till next year. SIGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment