Friday, April 22, 2011

They know not the stand

Going about town carrying a guitar stand made me an easy security target. It's inevitable since security measures are effective especially at MRT stations & the officers on duty don't see dweebs carrying guitar stands too often- they don't know what the contraption is. I am glad my country prioritizes security 24/7 but I got sick after being asked what I was carrying. The following conversations took place at some of the stops yesterday:

CITY HALL station
Security: Boy, what is that?
Me: I am not a boy, I'm more than 30 years old. Oh, what thing?
Security: This one (pointed to guitar stand)
Me: Oh, spare parts for my broken toilet pipes. Here, you can check.
Securty: Oh, OK. No need to check, just asking. Thank you.

BUKIT GOMBAK station
Security: Excuse me sir, can I check your item?
Me: Sure, be careful it's fragile.
Security: Sorry, any electrical components inside?
Me: Yes, when I pull the leg open here, it's switched on but right now I have no plug or cable to show you.
Security: Thank you, just checking.
Me: No worries.

CHOA CHU KANG station
Security: Excuse me, can we check your item, please? What is this, book-shelf is it?
Me: How'd you guess?
Security: He he... I think I've seen it before. Thanks.
Me: No problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment